If you own or work at a hospitality venue, you can take part in Feast for Freedom. Whether you’re able to host a ticketed event, dedicate a portion of sales to donate or offer an exclusive item for the day - you can partake and know you’ve made a difference.
Four Easy Steps
1. Register to Become a Host
Simply register your event here and kickstart your fundraising with a self-donation to your personal fundraising page.
Feast Week is Monday 18 – Sunday 24 March, but you can host your Feast outside of these dates if that’s more convenient for you. However, all Feasts should be hosted before Tuesday 30 April.
2. Receive Your Host Kit & Meet our Cooks
Discover the recipes gifted to you by Harchana and Reveka, learn more about their stories and start planning your menu.
Our Hero Cooks, both refugees in Australia, have hand-selected delicious dishes from their own cultural traditions for you to cook and share with your guests. You’ll receive their recipes in your Host Kit. You can cook the full menu from one of our Hero Cooks or a mix of recipes, including some of your own family favourites or past Feast recipes.
3. Plan Your Feast & Start Fundraising
Invite your guests and start fundraising by updating and sharing your fundraising page! Make sure you let your donors know the impact of their support.
Please note: we do not provide any ingredients or organise cooks for the recipes. You will need to purchase your own ingredients based on your menu and anticipated guest numbers.
Don’t forget to finalise your guest list and event details, source your ingredients and continue fundraising. If you need help updating your fundraising webpage, see our User Guide.
You can also join our Facebook Group where you can ask questions about hosting a Feast, share recipes and become part of our ever-growing Feast community.
4. Host Your Feast for Freedom
It’s time to Feast for Freedom, celebrate what unites us and raise funds for people seeking asylum! This is a time to enjoy great food and company, whilst having thought-provoking conversations relating to the refugee issue.
Don’t forget to use our handy online resources and items in your Host Kit, including the conversation cards to keep the dialogue flowing and learn more about the refugee issue.
If you have any other questions about Hosting or Feasting, check out our FAQ page for more information.
Your Feast can be what you want it to be, go large or go small. Engage your colleagues and your regulars and see what is achievable for you. Here is some inspiration:
- Host a ticketed event at your venue where the guests pay a set price which covers both your costs and a donation to Feast for Freedom. If required, you can manage this through a ticketing website like Eventbrite, Humanitix or Try Booking and transfer the proceeds to your Feast fundraising page. On the day you can also have QR codes for your fundraising page on display so guests and their plus ones can see how your fundraising is tracking.
- Offer an exclusive Feast for Freedom item for the day and donate the proceeds
- Dedicating a portion of sales from one sitting or from one day